Top 10 Self-help Books That Actually Helped
This is a personal list of books that actually stayed with me after reading them, that gave me some nugget of wisdom that has helped me on my journey. My method of learning is to read a book and take what works for me, leaving the rest. Sometimes I do all the exercises, follow all the steps. Sometimes I don’t do any. I think I have issues with anyone who says they have all the answers and that their way is the only way to do things. I respect those who have success and experience in their area of expertise, but I don’t obey their commands blindly. I think the best advice I’ve gotten is to read extensively- not just in your career, hobby or aspiration, but everything that interests you. You never know where you are going to find inspiration or motivation.
- Live the Life You Love, Barbara Sher
- Awaken the Giant Within, Anthony Robbins
- 1,001 Ways to Be Romantic, Gregory Godek
- Who Ordered This Truck-Load of Dung?, Ajahn Brahn
- The Artist’s Way, Julia Cameron
- The Happiness Project, Gretchin Rubin
- Simplify Your Life, Elaine St. James
- Time Management from the Inside Out, Julie Morgenstern
- Getting Things Done, David Allen
- Simple Abundance, Sarah Ban Breathnach
What books have stuck with you and changed the way you do things?