So I found a pile of white felt and gave myself a challenge- make five things with it.
1. Adipose. From Doctor Who. “The fat just walks away!” I used this pattern.
2. Dove ornament. I eyeballed this pattern. I made the wings and body two-sided, and added a strip along the belly. I discovered I really should study how to embroider before doing it.
3. Baymax. From Big Hero 6. I invented this one by looking at a drawing. If I do something like this again, I’ll make a paper pattern first. My husband teased me that I have no sense of proportion. I used embroidery floss for the eye/mouth.
4. Olaf. I am not happy with this one. His face just isn’t right. I think googly eyes would have worked better, and his mouth should be even wider.
5. Tooth pillow. A little pocket to leave out for the tooth fairy! The pocket is edged with a blanket stitch of embroidery floss.