First story time for the theme of Dream Big, Read!
Preschool bed craft:
- Cardboard box- the perfect sized one was for individual coffee packets, but any rectangle will work.
- piece of thin cardboard
- construction paper
- glue stick and tape
- double-sided origami paper
- Using the end of the box as a guide, draw a half-oval on the cardboard (sort of like a Milano cookie). Cut it out.
- Cut out construction paper to cover the headboard piece, glue on with a glue stick.
- Tape or glue the headboard to the end of the box.
- Put the sheet of origami paper on the box like a sheet. Make a crease across the paper at the end of the bed.
- Make a tucked fold at the end corners of the paper, dabbing the glue stick to secure the folds.
- At the top of the paper, fold the paper over about 1/2 inch so that it looks like a made bed.
- Glue the paper to the box.
- Accessorize your bed with a paper pillow and paper teddy bear.
If there’s more time, make paper dolls to fit the bed.
The stories I read:
What! Cried Granny by Kate Lum
How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight? by Jane Yolen
The Napping House by Audrey Wood